CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

la bella scola

I am beginning a study of the poets that Dante lauded/condemned in Inferno as Limbo's la bella scola. I am not as familiar with Lucan or Horace as I am with Homer, Ovid, and, of course, Virgil. So, tomorrow, Kingsley and I will walk to the library (we will pass the leaning barn that I need to photograph before it falls), pay our fine for "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" (if you needed any proof that I am the most unpoetic of poets...), and hopefully find some Lucan or Horace.

On a slightly connected note, my lover is teaching me how to properly participate in conversation.
I am eager to practice.


"Loose the bow of speech, which you have drawn back to the very iron." Purgatorio 25.17-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment